Ghana’s vibrant music industry continues to produce catchy tunes that captivate audiences not only within the country but also across Africa and beyond.
The collaborations between Ghanaian and Nigerian musicians have played a significant role in promoting West African music internationally, resulting in the rapid spread and popularity of their tracks and remixes.
In this article, we will explore the latest trending songs in Ghana and highlight the artists who are making waves in the industry.
The Diversity of Ghanaian Music
Ghanaian music encompasses a wide range of genres, each with its distinct style and cultural influence. However, two genres, in particular, have gained immense popularity in recent years: dancehall and hiplife. Dancehall music, with its infectious beats and energetic rhythms, has become a favorite among Ghanaian audiences. Hiplife, on the other hand, combines elements of highlife and hip-hop, resulting in a unique fusion that resonates with both the young and old.
The Power of Remixes
One trend that has become prevalent in the Ghanaian music scene is the release of remixes for popular songs.
These remixes often feature collaborations between established artists, allowing them to combine their fan bases and create even more buzz around their music.
In some cases, these remixes outperform the original songs, becoming instant hits and dominating the music charts.
The Top Trending Songs in Ghana
Here is a curated list of the 20 most trending songs in Ghana right now:
1. “Who is your Guy?” Remix – Spyro (Feat. Tiwa Savage)
The remix of “Who is your Guy?” by Nigerian singers Spyro and Tiwa Savage has taken Ghana by storm.
This lyrical ballad has quickly become one of the most played songs on both Ghanaian and Nigerian radio stations.
The music video, released on YouTube on March 3rd, 2023, has garnered millions of views, making it a certified hit.
2. “Konongo Zongo” – Black Sherif
Black Sherif, a rising star in the Ghanaian music scene, has captured the hearts of many with his hit song “Konongo Zongo.”
The track, released on February 23rd, 2023, has already amassed over 4 million views on YouTube.
Black Sherif’s unique sound and captivating storytelling have earned him a dedicated fan base and positioned him as a national music asset.
3. “Kwaku the Traveller” – Black Sherif
Another chart-topping hit from Black Sherif, “Kwaku the Traveller,” has become one of the most-streamed songs in Ghana.
The song tells the story of Kwaku, a young man who leaves his village in pursuit of a music career but faces numerous challenges along the way.
With over 17 million views on YouTube since its release on May 19th, 2022, this track showcases Black Sherif’s knack for storytelling and emotional delivery.
4. “Sugarcane” Remix – Camidoh (Feat. Mayorkun, King Promise, & Darkoo)
Camidoh’s original track “Sugarcane” gained significant traction with over 6.5 million views on YouTube.
However, it was the remix featuring Mayorkun, King Promise, and Darkoo that propelled the song to new heights.
The remix, released on June 7th, 2022, has now reached over 52 million views, solidifying Camidoh’s position among the top Ghanaian musicians.
5. “No Wahala” Remix – 1da Banton (Feat. Kizz Daniel & Tiwa Savage)
1da Banton’s “No Wahala” remix, featuring Kizz Daniel and Tiwa Savage, has captured the attention of music lovers in Ghana and beyond.
With over 66 million views on YouTube since its premiere on March 17th, 2022, the remix has become a certified hit.
The original version, released on July 26th, 2021, has also garnered over 56 million views, showcasing the enduring popularity of the song.
6. “Ginger” – King Promise
King Promise, known for his international hits such as “Tokyo,” “Commando,” and “Slow Down,” continues to impress with his latest track, “Ginger.”
Released on May 5th, 2022, the song showcases King Promise’s smooth lyrics and creative prowess. With over 2.5 million views on YouTube, “Ginger” has solidified King Promise’s status as one of Ghana’s top artists.
7. “Survivor” – Wendy Shay
Wendy Shay’s “Survivor” has quickly become one of the best songs of the year. The track, released on May 20th, 2022, delivers an empowering message, encouraging listeners to persevere through life’s challenges.
With over 5.2 million views on YouTube, Wendy Shay’s powerful vocals and captivating beats make “Survivor” a must-listen for Ghanaian music enthusiasts.
8. “Finesse” – Pheelz (Feat. BNXN)
Pheelz’s “Finesse,” featuring BNXN, has taken the music scene by storm. The track, released on April 19th, 2022, has amassed over 88 million views on YouTube.
Pheelz and BNXN’s collaboration highlights their talent and showcases the growing influence of Nigerian artists in the international music industry.
9. “One Leg” – Jay Hover
Jay Hover, a Ghanaian-American singer, dropped the hype party anthem “One Leg” on June 9th, 2022.
This energetic dance track has captivated audiences, garnering over 7.2 million views on YouTube.
Whether you’re at a happy event or just looking for a song to lift your spirits, “One Leg” is guaranteed to get you moving.
10. “Fire Fire” – Kuami Eugene
Kuami Eugene, a talented Ghanaian singer, has delivered several chart-topping hits throughout his career. “Fire Fire,” released on February 1st, 2022, has gained over a million views on YouTube, solidifying Kuami Eugene’s position as a gifted artist.
The infectious beats and catchy melody of “Fire Fire” make it a favorite among music enthusiasts.
The Latest Trends in Ghanaian Music
These songs represent just a fraction of the latest trending music in Ghana. The country’s music scene is constantly evolving, with new tracks and artists emerging regularly.
Here are some additional noteworthy songs that have been making waves:
- “Buga (Lo Lo Lo)” – Tekno and Kizz Daniel: With over 133 million views on YouTube since its premiere on May 11th, 2022, “Buga” continues to dominate the music charts in Ghana. (STREAM ON SPOTIFY)
- “Forever” Remix – Gyakie and Omah Lay: Released on March 25th, 2021, the remix of “Forever” has garnered over 43 million views, showcasing the chemistry between Gyakie and Nigerian artist Omah Lay. (STREAM FOREVER REMIX ON SPOTIFY)
- “Something” – Gyakie: Gyakie’s R&B/afro-fusion track “Something,” released on June 23rd, 2022, has already gained over 10.2 million views, solidifying her status as a rising star in the Ghanaian music scene. (STREAM SOMETHING OF SPOTIFY)
- “Second Sermon” Remix – Black Sherif (Feat. Burna Boy): Black Sherif’s collaboration with Burna Boy on the remix of “Second Sermon” has garnered over 12 million views since its release on February 18th, 2022.
- “Non Living Thing” – Sarkodie (Feat. Oxlade): Sarkodie’s collaboration with Oxlade on “Non Living Thing” has amassed over 4.4 million views on YouTube since its premiere on January 28th, 2022. (STREAM NONE LIVING THINGS ON SPOTIFY)
- “Waye me yie” – Piesie Esther: Piesie Esther’s motivational Twi song “Waye me yie” has gained over 3.1 million views on YouTube since its release on June 16th, 2022. (STREAM WAYE ME YIE ON SPOTIFY)
- “Friday Night” – Lasmid: Lasmid’s “Friday Night,” released on September 2nd, 2022, has become a viral sensation on platforms like TikTok, garnering over 1.7 million views. (STREAM FRIDAY NIGHT ON SPOTIFY)
- “Down Flat” – Kelvynboy: Kelvynboy’s “Down Flat,” released on January 28th, 2022, showcases his love and dedication to his craft. The song has become a fan favorite, providing a cool and refreshing sound. (STREAM DOWN FLAT ON SPOTIFY)
- “Echoke” – Sefa (Feat. Mr. Drew): Sefa and Mr. Drew’s collaboration on “Echoke” has garnered over 3.7 million views since its release on April 16th, 2021, captivating audiences with its lyrical brilliance. (STREAM ECHOKE ON SPOTIFY)
- “Touch It” – KiDi: KiDi’s “Touch It,” released in May 2021, has gained over 29 million views on YouTube. The high-quality video and infectious melody make it a crowd favorite. ( STREAM TOUCH IT ON SPOTIFY)
The Most Trending Artist in Ghana
Several artists have made a significant impact on the Ghanaian music scene between 2022 and 2023, with multiple trending songs. These artists have captured the hearts of music enthusiasts with their unique styles and captivating performances. Here are some of the most trending artists in Ghana:
- Black Sherif: With hits like “Konongo Zongo” and “Kwaku the Traveller,” Black Sherif has solidified his position as a rising star in Ghana’s music industry. His storytelling abilities and emotional delivery have resonated with audiences, making him a force to be reckoned with.
- KiDi: KiDi’s catchy tunes and smooth vocals have earned him a dedicated fan base. With hits like “Touch It” and his international collaborations, KiDi continues to dominate the music charts.
- Kuami Eugene: Known for his infectious melodies and soulful voice, Kuami Eugene has become a household name in Ghana. His hit songs, including “Fire Fire” and “Open Gate,” have catapulted him to stardom.
- Wendy Shay: Wendy Shay’s powerful vocals and relatable lyrics have endeared her to many music lovers. Songs like “Survivor” have showcased her talent and made her one of the most sought-after artists in Ghana.
- Sarkodie: As one of Ghana’s most decorated artists, Sarkodie has consistently delivered hit after hit. His collaborations with both local and international artists have further solidified his position as a trailblazer in the industry.
- Gyakie: Gyakie’s unique blend of R&B and afro-fusion has garnered her a loyal fan base. With hits like “Forever” and “Something,” Gyakie continues to captivate audiences with her soulful voice and relatable lyrics.
- Camidoh: Camidoh’s talent and versatility have earned him a spot among the top Ghanaian musicians. His song “Sugarcane” and its remix featuring Mayorkun, King Promise, and Darkoo have showcased his musical prowess.
- King Promise: With his smooth vocals and captivating performances, King Promise has become a fan favorite. Hits like “Ginger” and his international collaborations have propelled him to new heights in the music industry.
- 1da Banton: 1da Banton’s unique sound and infectious energy have made him a rising star in the Ghanaian music scene. His collaboration on the remix of “No Wahala” with Kizz Daniel and Tiwa Savage has garnered him widespread recognition.
- Mr. Drew: Mr. Drew’s versatility as an artist has set him apart from his peers. His collaboration with Sefa on “Echoke” has showcased his talent and solidified his position as a trending artist in Ghana.
- Kelvynboy: Kelvynboy’s dedication to his craft and unique style have earned him a dedicated fan base. Songs like “Down Flat” have showcased his talent and made him a force to be reckoned with in the music industry.
Where to Find the Latest Music
If you’re looking to stay up-to-date with the latest Ghanaian music, several platforms offer a wide selection of songs for download or streaming. Popular platforms like Apple Music, Spotify, and Boomplay provide access to a vast library of Ghanaian music, allowing you to discover new artists and explore different genres. These platforms also offer curated playlists and personalized recommendations based on your musical preferences, making it easier than ever to find the perfect song for every occasion.
In conclusion, Ghana’s music scene continues to thrive, producing an array of catchy tunes that captivate audiences both locally and internationally.
The collaborations between Ghanaian and Nigerian artists have played a significant role in promoting West African music, resulting in the rapid spread and popularity of their tracks and remixes. Whether it’s dancehall, hiplife, or afrobeat, Ghanaian music offers a diverse range of genres that cater to different tastes.
With artists like Black Sherif, KiDi, and Wendy Shay leading the way, the future of Ghanaian music looks bright. So, plug in your headphones, turn up the volume, and immerse yourself in the latest trending songs from Ghana.